The purpose of the Site is to provide information, products, and services relating to our mission, approach and initiatives.
The contents of the Site include, without limitation, all information, data, products, materials, services, software applications and tools, design elements, text, images, photographs, illustrations, audio and video contents, artwork, graphics contained therein or otherwise made available to you in connection therewith (collectively the “Contents”) and, unless the context clearly requires otherwise, or we explicitly say so in writing, the term “Site” includes all of the Contents.
2. Provision of the Site by the Lipari Design
You acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the Site may change from time to time without prior notice to you.
You acknowledge and agree that we may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Site (or any features within the Site) to you or to users generally, at our sole discretion, without prior notice to you. You may stop using the Site at any time. You do not need to inform Lipari Design when you stop using the Site or any of its features.
You acknowledge and agree that if we disable access to your account, you may be prevented from accessing the Site, your account details or any files or other content which is contained in your account.
3. Use of the Site by You
Your use of the Site is subject to all applicable local, provincial, state and federal laws and regulations. You may not use, allow, or enable others to use the Site, or knowingly condone use of the Site by others, in any manner that is, attempts to, or is likely to:
- be obscene, fraudulent, defamatory, libelous, indecent, discourteous, racially or ethnically offensive, harassing, threatening, abusive, pornographic or discriminatory;
- affect us adversely or reflect negatively on us, the Site, our goodwill, name or reputation or cause duress, distress, or discomfort to us or anyone else, or discourage any person, firm, or enterprise from using all or any portion, features, or functions of the Site, or from advertising, linking, or becoming a supplier to us in connection with the Site;
- send or result in the transmission of junk e-mail, chain letters, duplicative or unsolicited messages, or so-called “spamming” and “phishing”;
- transmit, distribute, or upload content or programs that contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms or other disabling devices or harmful components intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- modify, disrupt, impair, alter, or interfere with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Site or the rights or use and enjoyment of the Site by any other user;
- advocate or encourage any illegal activity;
- infringe upon or misappropriate the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, publicity rights or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of Lipari Design or any third party;
- violate the privacy of any individual, including users of the Site; or
- violate any applicable local, provincial, state or national laws or regulations (anywhere in the world).
In order to access certain products and services or as part of the account registration process, you may be required to provide information about yourself (such as identification or contact details). You agree that any registration information you give to us will always be accurate, correct and up to date.
Unless you have been specifically permitted to do so in a separate agreement with the Lipari Design, you agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the Contents or any of Lipari Design’s products and services for any purpose.
4. Participation in News, Events, Submissions and Comments
The Site encourages submissions to almost any aspect of our Site. As a user content driven site directly related to your community, you are welcome to post any events, news items, photos, comments, classifieds or businesses (“User Content”). You acknowledge and agree that if you submit any User Content to the Site you will be solely responsible for such User Content. Lipari Design will not be liable in any way for any such User Content submitted. You further agree that you will not:
- submit any User Content which is harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, libelous or defamatory, encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liabilities, or is unlawful in any other way.
- submit any User Content protected by intellectual property laws or by rights of privacy, unless you own the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights;
- submit any User Content which contains a virus or other harmful components;
- engage in activity that interferes with or disrupts the use of the Site by other users;
- submit any User Content that encourages any illegal activities, or provides guidance or instructional activities about such illegal activities;
- make any false representation, including impersonation of any person or entity or misrepresentation of your affiliation with any person or entity; or
- make use of any User Content for commercial purposes, such as advertising any products or services, reselling or publishing the information posted or transmitted.
When submitting ANY User Content in ANY form to the Site, whether it be via message services, events, news, or comments, you are solely responsible for the content of any comments you make. You agree that no comments submitted by you to the Site will:
- violate any right of any individual, group, community or business, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy, or other personal or proprietary rights;
- be libelous or contain libelous or other otherwise unlawful, slanderous abusive, or obscene material, or constitute the misappropriation of trade secrets of any third party;
- disparage the products or services of any third party; or
- contain any personal information (other than your user name).
Lipari Design does not pre-screen, monitor or edit the User Content posted or submitted to the Site. However, Lipari Design reserves the right to edit, limit or remove any such User Content in its sole discretion. Notwithstanding, you shall remain solely responsible for any User Content you submit or post.
When participating in any publicly posted User Content on the Site, you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, incomplete or unsuitable. The nature of the Site is to allow opinions and ideas, without infringing on others rights. Please notify Lipari Design (with the contact information posted at the bottom of this document) of any illegal or inappropriate User Content, and Lipari Design will take appropriate action. Lipari Design will ensure that any offending comments are removed, and take appropriate action against the offender. Lipari Design will not be responsible for the User Content or accuracy of any information, and shall not be responsible for any acts taken or decisions made based on such information.
Lipari Design may establish procedures and practices relating to the use of and participation in the Site. Such procedures and practices may include limitations on the number of entries and the size of files that may be submitted, limitations on the number and type of User Content submitted at any given time and the number of days content will be saved before deletion. Lipari Design will not be responsible for any User Content deleted by Lipari Design or otherwise, or for your inability to submit any User Content.
6. Click-Through Agreements
7. Links to Third-Party Sites
Use of certain links on the Site will direct you away from the Site to third party websites. Such third-party websites are not under the control of Lipari Design, and Lipari Design is not responsible for the contents of any such website, or any link contained in such website. The third-party links included on the Site are provided for your convenience, and the inclusion of such links does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Lipari Design of any such website or the products or services offered therein.
8. Privacy and Personal Information
We may use your email address to verify your identity, protect against fraud, and contact you. In addition, we may use it to send you updates about your user account, new products and services, and Site updates. Your personal information will not be released to any third party. The list of Site members will not be bought, sold, loaned, re-appropriated, re-used, given or provided outside of Lipari Design for any reason. Any information you may receive from a third party via the Site will be facilitated and sent through Lipari Design, not through the third party.
Personal information submitted by users to the Site may be employed for the purposes of maintaining the integrity of the Site and its contents, contacting our users when necessary, and improving the quality of service provided by the Site. Lipari Design servers also collect information specific to how you use the Internet. Lipari Design servers note details such as the server you are logged onto and your IP address. This information is obtained solely for the purpose of maintaining the Site’s integrity and improving our service. We also may ask you for more personal information from time to time in a survey format. This information is specifically used to ensure that the Site is up-to-date and relevant, and that the products and services provided to you in advertising format are relevant and of interest to you. Any information used as demographics will not reveal the source, and will be kept secure. This further information provided by you is on an optional basis.
Lipari Design will employ a data measurement service for tracking the performance of an ad on behalf of the advertiser. The information collected will not contain personal elements, and will only be shared with that particular advertiser.
Lipari Design reserves the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Site(s); or to protect our company and our Members. While we make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information.
Questions or requests with respect to your personal information may be sent via email to email@example.com.
9. Ownership of Intellectual Property Rights
You may use the Site and the Contents solely for your non-commercial and limited personal use and for no other purposes.
You may not allow any third party (whether or not for your benefit) to reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast or circulate to any third party (including, without limitation, on or via a third party website), or otherwise use, any Contents without the express prior written consent of Lipari Design or its owner if Lipari Design is not the owner.
Any unauthorized or prohibited use of any Contents may subject you to civil liability, criminal prosecution, or both, under applicable federal, provincial, state and local laws.
You may not create a link to the Site without Lipari Design’s prior permission. We may, however, if requested, grant a limited, nonexclusive right to create a link to the Site provided that such link is to the entry page of the Site and does not portray Lipari Design or any of its activities or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise negative manner.
Links to third party websites on the Site are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave the Site. Lipari Design does not control and is not responsible for any of such third-party websites, their content or their policies, including, without limitation, privacy policies or lack thereof. Lipari Design does not endorse or make any representations about such third-party websites or any information, software, products and services located there, or any results that may be obtained from using such software, products and services. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to the Site, you do so entirely at your own risk. You acknowledge and agree that Lipari Design shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such third-party websites.
10. Intellectual Property Infringement
We take intellectual property rights, both our own and of others, very seriously.
If you are an owner of intellectual property (or the owner’s authorized agent) and believe that any of the Contents or the Site infringes your intellectual property, please notify us using the following procedure:
Please send a written notice of intellectual property infringement to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In your written notice, please provide the following information:
- Identification of the intellectual property claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the Contents that you claim are infringing your intellectual property;
- Information sufficient to allow us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address at which you may be contacted;
- A statement that you believe that use of the Contents as reported is not authorized by the owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
11. Third-Party Information
Any third-party content, data or publications made available through the Site are furnished by Lipari Design on an as-is basis for your convenience and information. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information made available by third parties, including program hosts, information providers, or any user of the Site, are those of the respective author(s) or publisher(s) and not of Lipari Design. LIPARI DESIGN DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT THE INFORMATION IN SUCH PUBLICATIONS IS ACCURATE OR COMPLETE.
12. No Warranty
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE SITE AND THE CONTENTS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.”
IN PARTICULAR, LIPARI DESIGN AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT TO YOU THAT:
- YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS,
- YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR FREE FROM ERROR,
- ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, AND
- THAT DEFECTS IN THE OPERATION OR FUNCTIONALITY OF ANY SOFTWARE PROVIDED TO YOU AS PART OF THE SITE WILL BE CORRECTED.
ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
LIPARI DESIGN FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
13. Limitation of Liability
SUBJECT TO SECTION 12 ABOVE, YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT LIPARI DESIGN , AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR:
- ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF GOODWILL OR BUSINESS REPUTATION, LOSS OF DATA SUFFERED, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS; AND
- ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OR DAMAGE AS A RESULT OF:
- ANY RELIANCE PLACED BY YOU ON THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY OR EXISTENCE OF ANY ADVERTISING, OR AS A RESULT OF ANY RELATIONSHIP OR TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY ADVERTISER OR SPONSOR WHOSE ADVERTISING APPEARS ON THE SITE;
- ANY CHANGES WHICH [COMPANY SHORT NAME] MAY MAKE TO THE SITE, OR FOR ANY PERMANENT OR TEMPORARY CESSATION IN THE PROVISION OF THE SITE (OR ANY FEATURES WITHIN THE SITE);
- THE DELETION OF, CORRUPTION OF, OR FAILURE TO STORE, ANY USER CONTENT AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS DATA MAINTAINED OR TRANSMITTED BY OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SITE;
- YOUR FAILURE TO PROVIDE LIPARI DESIGN WITH ACCURATE ACCOUNT INFORMATION;
- YOUR FAILURE TO KEEP YOUR PASSWORD OR ACCOUNT DETAILS SECURE AND CONFIDENTIAL.
THE LIMITATIONS ON LIPARI DESIGN’S LIABILITY TO YOU IN THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY WHETHER OR NOT LIPARI DESIGN HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSSES ARISING.
We may terminate your use of the Site and/or access to the Contents, features, functionality, products and services made available in connection therewith, at any time and for any reason, with or without cause, without prior notice to you and without any liability or further obligation of any kind whatsoever to you or any other party.
If you want to terminate your account with Lipari Design, you may do so by closing your account, where Lipari Design has made this option available to you.
Lipari Design may at any time, terminate your use of the Site if:
- Lipari Design is required to do so by law (for example, where the provision of the Site to you is, or becomes, unlawful);
- the partner with whom Lipari Design offered the services to you has terminated its relationship with Lipari Design or ceased to offer the services to you;
- Lipari Design is transitioning to no longer providing the Site to users in the country in which you are resident or from which you use the Site; or
- the provision of the Site to you by Lipari Design is, in Lipari Design ’s opinion, no longer commercially viable.
We reserve the right to assume, at our sole expense, the exclusive defense and control of any such claim or action and all negotiations for settlement, or compromise, and you agree to fully cooperate with us in the defense of any such claim, action, settlement or compromise negotiations, as we may request.
No e-mail address found on the Site may be harvested or otherwise used for purposes of solicitation.
17. Obtaining Lipari Design’s Consent